Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee Fun!!!

What a weekend its been!!!  Had a whale of a time celebrating our queen's 60 years on the throne, mainly by relaxing and not doing much.  I'm not really mad about the monarchy like some people but I do love to join in celebrations like this and royal weddings etc.  We've watched most of the jubilee celebration events on the tv including the fantastic concert outside Buckingham Palace.

We went to my parents house on Monday for a street party.  It was the street where I grew up so got to see loads of familiar faces.  The kids had a great time as there were lots of activities organised like a treasure hunt and even a hat competition.  For the adults there was a quiz with a royal theme.  If that wasn't enough there was some live music provided by one of the residents' band. 



I really enjoyed baking for the event.  I get sick of baking the same old fairy cakes which the kids like so it's nice to be a little more adventurous.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to contribute to the "wear red white and blue" theme as my wardrobe can only fulfill the white criteria. 

Hopefully I'll get round to putting the recipes on my cooking blog and I'll maybe try to re-create my OOTD.

Emma xx 


1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing!! Really wish my street had something like this, would have been so cute.

    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete