Friday 16 March 2012

Macadamia Oil on Greasy Hair??

I received a Macadamia Oil sample in my Boudoir Prive box last year but only started using it a few weeks ago.  I have very fine hair which gets greasy roots very easily.  I have noticed lately that my hair is becoming quite dry on the ends but if I use conditioner it makes my hair quite greasy and lank.  I totally discounted using the Macadamia oil on my hair thinking that adding oil to my already oily hair would be a no-no.  How wrong I was.



I really should wash my hair every day but with a full time job and 3 kids to look after that's not practical so I wear it down the first day and up the next.  I've been washing my hair as normal, without conditioner, then combing through slightly.  I have terrible trouble getting the brush or comb through my hair when I've washed it so I have been using the Macadamia Oil to help.  I put a small amount (about the size of a penny) of the oil into the palm of my hand and then rub it between my hands before applying to the lengths, not the roots, of my hair.  I pay particular attention to the ends.  This make brushing my wet hair so much easier.  It smells absolutely gorgeous and does not make my hair greasy in the slightest.  I'm left with the most soft and shiny hair I've ever had and it feels amazing.  I'm quite happy to use this as a substitute for conditioner and it even comes in handy to revive the ends of my hair on the days I don't wash it.

If you have oily hair don't be put off.  Give it a go.  I'm so pleased I did!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment