Friday 16 March 2012

Latest in Beauty!!

I have been a subscriber to Boudoir Prive/Joliebox since their first box last August and I'm a bit unsure as to whether I want to continue.  I haven't been that overly impressed with what I've received lately so I've been looking around at the alternatives.




I stumbled across Latest in Beauty after reading an article in a magazine so I had a look at their website and was very impressed at their different approach to the beauty box.  You always know what you are going to get and you don't sign up for a subscription.  Their are lots of different ways to get your samples.




Little Beauty Box:  You select the samples you want from the list on the website and then you send a text to their number and they reply with a code which you input into the checkout screen and that's it.  Done.  The text costs £1.50.  They are only sachets usually but for £1.50 incuding postage is not bad I think.  You can do this once each month.


Luxury size samples:  They have a selection of luxury samples from various brands whuch you can purchase to try out.  You can buy as many as you like and they range in price from a couple of quid to a tenner.  They include brands such as Clarins and ARK.  You can pay for these online using credit/debit card or via Paypal.




Occasionaly they have special samples on offer.  At the moment they have the Estee Lauder BB Cream sample for £1.50 (paid via text).  I have recently received this and think that for the size it was well worth the money so that I can try before I buy the full size.


Then they have the themed beauty boxes.  There are six boxes per year and you get to see what's on offer before you commit to buy.  They are priced at £14.99 but you do get a lot for your money.  This time it was the Red Carpet Box which contains quite a few full size make-up items.  Unfortunately it took me too long to decide if I wanted it or not and they sold out.  The next one is going to be the Anti-Age Box so I'll have to be quick off the mark.




To launch their concept they recently gave readers of Daily Mail the chance to pick up an exclusive 20 years of beauty box for around a fiver.  I had to snap this up and have to say i wasn't disappointed.  I was very eager to try out the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish so you can imagine how thrilled I was to get this as a sample.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish; Bare Minerals minature foundation and brush; Bamford bath and body trio; Sisleya Anti-Age Cream; Lanolips Ointment; Dr Nick Lowe Day Cream

My favourites from this box - Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (cloth included) and Bare Minerals Foundation and Mini Brish


If this box is anything to go by I think we can expect good things from LIB.  I will certainly be keeping an eye on their website to see what's in store.  All in all I'm very impressed with the service offered.  I don't think it will replace my regular subscription box but is a great addition to search for the perfect beauty products.  See for yourself here.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment